Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Zena Girl


Well, we've found a new home for our girl Zena. We've had Zena with us for about 2 years now and she has been a loyal, loving friend to us and a play buddy for Cain. Unfortunately, I didn't think I would be able to take on the responsibility of two large dogs and a new baby. I knew it was time to find her a family that could give her all the attention that she deserves. I was lucky enough to find a family that lives about 5 minutes away from us. They just had to put their Rottweiler down in December due to hip dysplasia. We brought Zena over to meet their family and their Springer Spaniel last week and then she spent the weekend with them to see how she would fit in. Apparently, things went very well. She got to play fetch with their little boy and dress up with their little girl (Zena and the little girl were found trying on headbands in the bathroom). Although Joe and I are sad to say good-bye, I know this will be a better situation for her. Also, with the family so close we will be able to stop by and visit, but we will miss our loyal friend Zena.

No comments: