Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cutie Booties


I finished crocheting the baby booties that I mentioned the other day. I love them. They look so cute on her little chubby feet. (The pictures are a little blurry, because she doesn't keep those feet still for long.) I used a pattern by Kelly McCaleb, but altered it a bit. I followed the pattern the first time around, but I wasn't pleased with my outcome. It turned out big and bulky, and didn't really look like the example picture. I'm not sure where I went wrong. I may have used a heavier weight of yarn than I was suppose too. So, on my second try, I used the same weight of yarn as I did before, but used a smaller hook (the pattern calls for a G hook, but I used an F instead) and used a single stitch on the last row instead of a half-double stitch. Also, I'm not sure how a baby would keep these little slippers on her feet, so I added the suggested tie. They work up pretty fast and just look so darn cute. I'm stopping myself from crocheting all day and making a pair in every color. Is she really going to grow out of all these cute little baby things one day?

2 comments:

Lindqvist Family said...

You are just so crafty! Bows, booties, dresses, blankets, you make it all! I don't have a crafty bone in my body...

Anonymous said...

So, I've decided that you are making me feel inadequate. I've been a mother for 4 years and never made a single item of clothing...if you keep this up, we might not be able to be friends anymore and that would be too bad.