Friday, March 13, 2009

Round 1: Ch1 *sc, ch3, 3dc, ch3, sc*

I've been working on a few crochet projects lately. The green flower above has been steadily growing, mainly while I drink my coffee, watching the Today show. I plan on stitching it to a circle pillow for Elle's bedroom. I like the idea of these fluffy crochet flowers adorning little pillows and will probably make a few more for her room.

I also finished up this hat for Elle. I found the pattern online here. We still need hats in the springtime, living in Chicago. I made the flower larger than suggested in the pattern, and used a tan, nylon tape.Ew, I hate pictures of myself. Anyway, I've had two balls of this green, wool/nylon yarn laying around for almost 4 years now. I finally decided to make myself a hat with them. I crocheted a simple single stitch, concentric hat, and then added a small brim to the front. I'm not sure if I'm extremely happy with how the brim came out. I'll have to try a different approach next time.

1 comment:

*mar* said...

wow, you're pretty impressive. sara, your had looks fantastic. :)